ECC Ediciones deploys 2imagine to streamline DC Comics translations
DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.
ECC Ediciones is a spanish service company catering to the comics industry. They provide translations for Marvel and DC Comics books.
Microgestió is specialized in integration of Mac in the enterprise networks Mac, Mac-PC networks, fleet management, mobile devices ...
Formed by a team of 40 people, Microgestió specializes in audit, make available and implement the best solutions according to the needs of the company: digital content management, web-to-print, color management, development of apps, services, sales and training.
A large number of companies support our experience that features a very important factor: the professionals who make the team Microgestió. Highly skilled, continuous training, strengthening and adding value to our services.
Comics translation is a very particular task, as translated text needs to fit the speech balloon. A true WYSIWYG editor is essential. Equally indispensable is a powerful workflow tool: comics translation deadlines are tight and numerous translators, proofreaders and coordinators need to organize and operate the entire process within the browser.
(Directora de operaciones)
The solution from 2imagine allows our team to be far more efficient and reduce the risks on errors. With the workflow, everybody knows the deadlines and it’s easier to coordinate. SaaS solution works for us: less stress for our IT departments.
Translating comic books requires a specific online interface: true WYSIWYG is the best and the only way!
2imagine integrated their online Adobe InDesign document editor with the high-performing workflow solution. All stakeholders can produce all publications inside a web browser. Working right on the document itself brings numerous advantages. No more need for copy/paste. Translators can watch how their texts will fit inside the text balloons.
Our solution includes:
- 2imagine’s unique WYSIWYG editor, allowing online translation
- Based on 1publish’s rule-based restrictions feature, editing options such as fonts, color and size are controlled.
- Restrict translator access to relevant text fields.
- Workflow with e-mail alerts. After login into the brand-portal, users will be redirected to a TO DO list.
- Excellent performance under heavy load from large graphical documents.
- Cloud solution allowing remote translation, very practical when locating native speakers.
The included Business Process Management module streamlines the production process. Each user is informed via email and finds his task in his TO DO list.
The original InDesign comic book is uploaded and made available to the production & translation team.
The team can exchange notes and comments via post-its and comments.
- Reduced time spent for translation and correction
- Higher quality of work, better localisation of text
- Approval processes involves all stakeholders. By splitting the overall workflow in tasks per spread, the production time is reduced dramatically.
- By applying automatisation (easycatalog server), updating and building of catalog versions is reduced by 50
This testimonial was created in collaboration with Microgestio (www.microgestio.es).
Since 2003, 2imagine specializes in software solutions designed to optimize marketing processes. 2imagine has been a pioneer in developing an online WYSIWYG editor for Adobe InDesign and Illustrator documents. We are an accessible Cloud service and solution.
More than 100 companies worldwide are using 2imagine for their daily marketing production business, including BoConcept, D’Ieteren, DC Comics, Bavaria, Yamaha, Beiersdorf, Renault, Ouest-France,... but also many brand agencies and smaller businesses. 2imagine is distributed through a worldwide network of professional, certified partners.